Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tool #9

I watched the informational video about Jing. Although I am no longer teaching reading, the first thing that crossed my mind was that it would be a cute way to build a library of fourth or fifth graders reading picture books that students in lower grades could access. Instant read-aloud!

Skype could be used to do away with pen pals and Flat Stanley-type activities. Although I mourn the loss of friendly letters, chatting with "Skype Pals" from other schools, states or countries provides immediate gratification - and that seems to be what it is all about now.

PS - I skipped Tool #7 for now. I do not have wifi at home and therefore, cannot use the school computer. My home computer requires new software in order to make a movie. I am already spending way too much time on this - do not want to start spending money on software, too!

1 comment:

  1. Those are very good observations. They are very good ideas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete